Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day F-O-U-R ~ Don't Fence Me In!

Today we went to my parent's house to take pictures. I had taken my sister's kids pictures in December and my mom wanted the same backdrop of my girls to frame. I had been waiting for a day that it wasn't raining, snowing or below zero. Well...today was the day! It was actually rather nice. The girls had a blast running through the snow! :) It was fun!

As I was entering their neighborhood- the image below captured me. I drive by it hundreds of times a year. But today it looked different. So, I knew when I was leaving I was going to capture this spot. It was a bit challenging since it was on Charter Oak Rd and the traffic can be a pain. but after I turned around on Frostwood and literally parked on the side of the road and turned on my hazards- this is what I got.

Yes- it is the tell tale Weaver White Fence. It seems like a landmark or something to me- it has been etched in my brain for years and my kids associate it to grandma and grandpa's house. I wish I could capture winter in a fence and throw it away. I do love this- the white fence, white snow and bare trees. If I take this again same spot this summer- it will present a completely different look. That is the amazing thing about the seasons!


No comments:

Post a Comment